This week, Regina Hopper takes the reins as A2L's Managing Director of Litigation Consulting. In her new role, Regina will be responsible for directing the efforts of A2L's 20+ litigation consultants, litigation graphic artists, and trial technicians nationwide. For A2L clients, who are most often trial attorneys from large law firms representing large companies, her experience brings added depth to A2L's already robust 23-year-old litigation consulting and litigation communications practices.
Regina comes to A2L with an extremely broad background in litigation, trade association work, public policy, and the media. She joined A2L in 2017 and she also serves as senior vice president for global public policy of GRIDSMART, a company that develops smart, cost-effective technologies to improve the safety and efficiency of the nation’s transportation system.
Before joining GRIDSMART, Regina was president and CEO of the Intelligent Transportation Society of America, the nation’s largest organization dedicated to advancing the research, development, and deployment of intelligent transportation systems to improve the nation’s surface transportation system. The group has taken the lead in introducing Congress, the media, and the nation to the concept of driverless cars.
She also served for four years as president and CEO of America’s Natural Gas Alliance, a trade group that advocates for the development and utilization of natural gas resources. While there, Regina first encountered A2L who she engaged to support ANGA's advocacy and persuasive communication efforts.
Regina also served as executive vice president of US Telecom and of the American Trucking Associations. Prior to that she was senior vice president of litigation communications at Weber McGinn, a leading public relations firm. Regina was a D.C.-based correspondent for CBS News, where she won an Emmy award for her work on the “48 Hours” show.
In her various trade association positions, Regina developed an expertise in assisting industry leaders communicate legal and public policy initiatives to the public and federal, state and local policymakers.
Regina is a graduate of the University of Arkansas School of Law licensed in Arkansas.
In 2012, CEO Update selected Hopper as one of the nation's top association CEOs. In that same year, The Hill named her to its annual list of top lobbyists.
“What pulls my whole career together is my interest in storytelling and my ability to tell a story,” Regina says. “Whether someone is doing advocacy for a trade association, testifying as an expert witness, or reporting a story as a White House correspondent, it’s always a matter of working with a team to tell a story. It all has to be concise, understandable, well-written and logical.”
Regina succeeds Tony Klapper who is now Assistant General Counsel for Products, Regulatory, and Litigation at Volkswagen. Tony succeeded Ryan Flax who is now an Administrative Patent Judge at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
Regina Hopper can be reached at 703.548.1799 or hopper@A2LC.com.
Additional articles and resources available from A2L related to litigation consulting, litigation communications, litigation graphics, litigation storytelling, and litigation technology include:
- Top trial lawyers talk about working with A2L
- Top trial lawyers explain why storytelling is so critical for persuasion
- 10 Things Litigation Consultants Do That WOW Litigators
- Free E-Book: What is the Value of a Litigation Consultant?
- 21 Reasons a Litigator Is Your Best Litigation Graphics Consultant
- 3 Types of Litigation Graphics Consultants
- Free Webinar: Storytelling as a Persuasion Tool
- Free E-Book: Storytelling for Litigators
- Your Coach Is Not Better Than You – in the Courtroom or Elsewhere
- 10 Types of Value Added by Litigation Graphics Consultants
- Explaining the Value of Litigation Consulting to In-House Counsel
- 17 Reasons Why Litigation Consultants Are Better at Graphics Than Law Firms
- $300 Million of Litigation Consulting and Storytelling Validation
- Top 7 Things I've Observed as a Litigation Consultant
- 9 Reasons Litigation Consultant is the Best Job Title in Litigation