by Ken Lopez
Since 2011, hundreds of thousands of people have visited A2L's website and industry-leading litigation blog, The Litigation Consulting Report. They come to research A2L's litigation support services, they come to learn how to improve their results as litigators and litigation support professionals, and many come to download a free litigation e-book or watch a free litigation webinar.
Over the past year alone, tens of thousands have either downloaded a book or watched a webinar. Why?
One reason is that there is simply no other place for litigators and litigation support professionals to find the information that we publish. Whether it is a narrow topic like preparing for an argument before the Federal Circuit or whether it is a broad topic like discovering the value of litigation consulting, this information is just not collected elsewhere.
I loved my trial advocacy courses in law school, but in the 1990s at least, they did little to help me prepare to present in the modern courtroom. There was no teaching about how best to use visual evidence. There was very little discussion about the use of trial technology. There was certainly no training for how to set up and structure a mock jury exercise that would yield actionable data.
All this information and more is what we offer here on this site for free. We publish it on our blog several times a week, but with hundreds of litigation-related topics, finding the information you need can take a bit of searching. That's why we combine blog articles into books with a common theme and offer them as a free download.
Some are practice-area specific themes like those for patent, environmental and antitrust law. Some are focused on different elements of litigation like preparing timelines, getting the most out of a mock trial or using PowerPoint litigation graphics to improve trial results.
Measured by the number of downloads, below are the top 15 litigation webinars and e-books from the past 12 months.
15. The Value of Using Litigation Consultants: Our litigation consultants have compiled 62 expert articles on topics related to litigation consulting and litigation generally. Learn about the latest trends and thinking in jury consulting, trial presentation and trial technology in this E-Book.
14. Using PowerPoint Litigation Graphics Webinar: Whether you are in-house counsel, outside counsel, or litigation support, this 60-minute webinar focused on persuasion using PowerPoint graphics techniques will prove valuable. Recorded version is watchable anytime.
13. Maximizing Value from Litigation Consultants in the New Normal Legal Economy: In our first book about changes faced by litigators, consultants and in-house counsel because of the changing legal marketplace, we also offer first-of-its-kind content authored by litigation consultants who have been serving the legal community for the past 30 years.
12. How to Get the Most Impact from Expert Witnesses: In this one-hour and fifteen minute webinar, Dr. David Schwartz shares how sophisticated litigation teams use both testifying and consulting experts to stay on message. Litigator turned litigation consultant Ryan Flax shares what he's learned about explaining complicated subject matter while trying complex cases for a dozen years helping to amass more than $1 billion in jury verdicts and now helping hundreds of top litigators as a litigation consultant at A2L. Ted Dunkelberger describes how to pick the best experts and how to make sure they are ready for trial based on his experience in hundreds of litigation engagements.
11. Using Storytelling as a Persuasion Tool at Trial Webinar: Whether you are in-house counsel, outside counsel, or litigation support, this 60-minute webinar plus 20-minute Q&A will improve your understanding and use of storytelling techniques during litigation.
10. The Patent Litigation Toolkit - 3rd Edition: At 200 pages, this edition of the book is more than twice as large as 2012's 2nd edition. Over the past 18 years at A2L, about 50 percent of our work has been in the patent litigation field. Simply, this type of information is not assembled anywhere else and is incredibly valuable to a patent litigator.
9. Using Science to Win at Trial or in the Public Eye: This unique science-focused book is co-written by the litigation-focused scientists and experts at Innovative Science Solutions and A2L's industry leading litigation consultants. It is an unprecedented guide for those who manage science issues inside and outside the courtroom.
8. How Best to Use Trial Technicians and Trial Technology: Whether you are a veteran courtroom litigator or even a litigation support professional, you will find this 3rd edition version of this book valuable. This guidebook includes useful articles about how to best organize your trial technology resources for courtroom success.
7. Creating Persuasive Visual Presentations: This book is a must-have for anyone who prepares persuasive PowerPoint presentations, creates charts designed to influence or prepares any visual designed to change what people think.
6. How to Use Storytelling in Litigation E-Book: In our biggest e-book yet on courtroom storytelling, our litigation consultants have compiled 75 expert articles on topics related to litigation support and litigation generally.
5. Using Trial and Jury Consultants to Win at Trial: In our most comprehensive e-book about trial consulting and courtroom persuasion, A2L's jury and graphics consultants have compiled 50 expert articles in what is a first-of-its-kind book.
4. Winning Techniques for Complex Civil Litigation: Whether you are a veteran trial lawyer or support trial teams, you will find this book valuable. This guidebook includes 74 articles about how to best to prepare and try a complex civil case for bench and jury trials.
3. How to Design and Use a Great Trial Timeline: This book is a must-have for anyone who prepares informative or persuasive timelines designed to influence and change what people think.
2. How to Deliver a Great Presentation: Whether you are in-house counsel, outside counsel, litigation support or even outside the legal industry entirely, you will find this book valuable. This guidebook includes articles about organizing a presentation, tips for preparing to present to a group and even how to persuade with visuals most effectively.
1. Using Litigation Graphics at Trial: In our most comprehensive e-book about litigation graphics and courtroom persuasion, A2L's jury and graphics consultants have compiled 74 expert articles in what is a first-of-its-kind book.